Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? Did the pandemic and other national or global problems keep you up at night, concerned for yourself and those you love?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve. Anxiety has become as common as the common cold, and many people are struggling with it. Anxiety can interfere with every aspect of your life, and it can be chronic and progressive.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or chronic tension.
- Feelings of fear, danger, panic, or dread.
- Shallow and rapid breathing or hyperventilation.
- Increased sweating.
- Trembling or muscle twitching.
- Avoidance of tasks and responsibilities.
- Difficulty focusing, learning, remembering, or thinking clearly.
- Ruminating or obsessing about things you worry about.
- Worry about a real or imagined problem now or in the future.
Counseling can help you uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a more realistic and hopeful way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. You can learn to be in charge of your feelings instead of the other way around.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.